This recipe is a staple in my house for healthy cooking/prep. It’s the base for my kale and mushroom soup and I use it on rice pasta as an “Alfredo” sauce, just to name a few uses. Not a lick of any dairy in it and you’d swear you’re eating something bad for you. It’s truly awesome!
- 1 Head Organic Cauliflower approx. 6 cups chopped
- 9 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
Blending the "Cream" Sauce
- 6 cups Cooked Cauliflower
- 1 cup Reserved cooking water
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 cup Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 - 2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Unsweet Coconut Cream/full fat milk
Cook the Cauliflower
- First, cut the cauliflower in to about 1 inch chunks. Rinse well and add to large pot, cover with about 9 or so cups of water and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add a tbsp or so of salt. Cook for about 15 mins or cauliflower is soft. Remove pot from heat and set next to high powered blender or food processor.
Blending the "Cream" sauce
- Using a large slotted spoon, place all the cauliflower into the blender and start with a cup of the reserved cooking liquid added to the blender. Next, add olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, apple cider vinegar, lemon and coconut cream. Blend on high for about a minute and check the consistency. Some times I need to add another 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid to get the consistency I like, and maybe a bit more of salt and pepper. Taste often to get the sauce blended and creamy.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply