This recipe is terrific on so many levels. It’s savory and delicious and fairly easy to make. Especially if you go to Trader Joe’s and by the frozen organic “riced” cauliflower from the freezer section. I think Target and Publix also sell riced cauliflower now as well, if you don’t have a TJ’s near you.
Now, you’ll need to have prepped the Cauliflower Cream Sauce (recipe in the website) for this recipe. If not, you can sub coconut cream/milk, it just adds more fat. which isn’t a bad thing, but it can be if you’re looking to cut calories. This recipe is Paleo, AIP, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, and allowed on the Burn Fat Forever nutrition program. It also keeps well for up to 10 or so days.
- 4-5 tbsp Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1 cup Chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup Chopped Kale Stems can sub asparagus stems
- 2 cups Riced Cauliflower
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cracked Pepper
- 1 cup Chopped Bella Mushrooms
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Chives
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/3 cup Cauliflower cream sauce can sub coconut milk
Servings: 1 cup servings
- Add about 4 tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and kale stems and sauté for about 5-10 mins, stirring frequently till onions are translucent.
- Next add the frozen riced cauliflower. You can used freshly riced cauliflower too, just run it through your food processor till it looks like grains of rice. Add your salt and pepper and cook another 5-10 mins or till the cauliflower is tender.
- Go ahead and put in the mushrooms, along with another tbsp of Olive oil and bit more salt and pepper. Mushrooms are thirsty little guys! Add the chives and parsley and cook another 5 mins or so. Lastly, add your coconut cream and turn the heat to low till just incorporated.
- Ok all done! I like to serve this dish with some rice flour crusted halibut (see my How To Videos) and enjoy.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply