Here’s a great meal prep recipe that’s approved with the Burn Fat Forever nutrition program of Winter Garden Yoga’s nutrition expert, Karen Friedman. It’s super easy to make and reheats really well. To reheat, add two muffins to a small plate in the microwave. 1 min at 70 percent power was perfect in my 1000 watt Microwave. Also, you can add avocado at the bottom of the pan or add some approved turkey sausage links diced up instead; that reduces the fat and ups the protein if you’re concerned with that. Feel free to use some massaged kale in place of spinach if you’d like; have fun with it!
- 8 whole Organic eggs
- 4 1/4 cups Organic egg whites One egg white = 1/4 cup packaged egg whites
- 4 tbsp Fresh chopped green onion or chives
- 2/3 cup Diced tomatoes, seeds removed
- 1 cup Chopped fresh spinach
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Jane's Mixed up Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup Coconut cream or full fat milk
- 1/2 or so cup Vegan or regular feta chesse I prefer Violife Vegan Feta - sold at Publix
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease muffin pan REALLY WELL with coconut oil. Even if you use muffin liners, you will need to grease the liners with a bit of spray oil. Eggs are sticky!
- Dice chives, spinach and tomatoes and set aside. I like to remove the seeds from the tomatoes so it's less juicy in the egg bake.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, egg whites, coconut cream/milk and spices - whisk well till frothy. I like to use either Trader Joe's or Pete and Gerry's liquid organic egg whites rather than using fresh eggs and wasting the yolks. Feel to free to use all whole eggs, it's just higher in fat and cholesterol.
- Add the veggies to the egg mix and mix well. Add the egg/veggie mix to the muffin pan, fill to about 3/4ths the cup. Add the Violife or regular feta to the top of the cups, a little less than a tbsp is what I used for mine. Bake for 25 mins or till set.
- OPTIONAL ADDS: I've added a slice or two of avocado to the bottom of each muffin cup for added fat/flavor. I've also added 1 or 2 turkey sausage links diced up at the bottom of the cups for extra protein. Both options work really well, have fun with it!
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply