This recipe is super great for prepping ahead and getting a bunch of healthy breakfasts ready at once. You’ll need 16 ounce mason jars for this recipe, which are some of my fave storage containers anyway. Feel free to sub different fruits for the berries and use agave/maple syrup in place of Monk fruit for sweetening. To keep in accord with the Burn Fat Forever program, stick with the berries to keep sugar off the menu and use the Monk fruit sweetener.
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Whole rolled oats I like Bob's Red Mill
- 1 cup Plant milk I like Califia Oat milk
- 1/2 cup Fresh berries Frozen or dried work too
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Monkfruit Sweetener I like Lakanto brand
Servings: per jar
- Add your chia, oats and cinnamon to the jar, put the lid on and shake it well. This will incorporate the chia throughout and make it easier to mix.
- Next add your berries, milk, sweetener and vanilla. Use a long spoon and stir well. It should be pretty full in the jar, about an inch below the top. Let it sit on your counter for about 5 mins to let the chia plump a bit, then shake well again to make sure it's evenly distributed. You might need to stir again if you have some clumps of chia.
- Set in the fridge overnight and enjoy the next day! Some folks like to microwave/heat the oats, I like mine cold and a bit soupy - so I'll sometimes add a bit more milk the next day. Feel free to add more sweetener if you like it sweeter.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply