I developed this recipe for a client looking on the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) eating plan. Feel free to take liberties with spices if you are not following that particular eating plan. I like to use paprika, just a teaspoon or so goes along way to brighten this recipe. This is also a great recipe for the WGY Burn Fat Forever nutrition plan.
- 2 tbsp Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1 pound Ground Turkey Breast
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 /2 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 small Onion Cubed, about a cup
- 1/2 cup Shredded carrots Diced
- 2 cups Frozen butternut squash can sub sweet potatoes
- 1 large Apple Diced, about a cup
- 2 leaves Kale About a cup - remove steams
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Can sub Paprika
- 2-3 tbsp Fresh sage Optional, I like sage with turkey
Servings: 1/2 cups
- Heat a large skillet to medium. Once hot, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the pan then add the turkey, stir frequently. Add 1/2 tsp of thyme, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper. Cook till brown and when it's done, use a slotted spoon to remove meat to another plate.
- To the same skillet, add another tbsp of coconut oil and sauté diced onion and kale stems for about 3 mins. Add carrots, apple and butternut squash. Cook for about 10 mins till veggies are soft, then add diced kale - cook another 5 mins.
- Lastly, add the turkey back in and the remaining spices, cook another 5 or so mins till incorporated. This recipe lasts about 7 or so days in the fridge, and reheats really well on 70% power for about 2 mins with a cup of the hash. Add a poached or fried egg on top for additional protein and yumminess.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply