OK so this recipe is a play on Tabouli salad, just without any grain in it. It’s really delicious and goes great in wraps, salads, or just by itself topped with avocado and vegan feta cheese. I would add the avocado ahead of time, but I’m afraid it will turn brown or get mushy so I just add a 1/4 of a chopped avocado to 1/2 cup or so of the finished salad. This is super cleansing so give it try in your next meal prep. It’s also Burn Fat Forever friendly, Paleo, Keto, Dairy Free, Gluten Free – so I think I’m making lots of folks happy with this recipe!
- 2 cups Minced Parsley remove stems
- 2/3 cup Chopped tomatoes or 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 cup Cucumber, de-seeded use Persian or English hot house if possible
- 1/3 cup Fresh Lemon Juice 3 small lemons for me
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Olives coarse chop
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
Servings: 1/2 cup servings
- On a large cutting board, chopped the tomatoes (leave the seeds, pulp in), the cucumber (be sure to remove the seeds), and the kalamata olives - add those guys to a medium sized mixing bowl. Better yet, if you have a glass storage container with a lid, just put it all in there for prep AND storage to avoid dishes.
- Next, de-stem and chop the parsley, you want somewhere between chopped and minced. Not so small that I resembles a dried spice, but not so large that it has big chunks. 1 medium sized bunch of parsley is what I used and it was a bit over 2 cups. Add it to a medium mixed bowl.
- Juice the lemons, add the juice to the bowl. Next add the olive oil, salt and pepper - mix well and call it a done. This salad just get's better each day that goes on since the lemon really joins forces with the parsley in a beautiful way. I've also been know to add a can of chickpeas to this recipe for protein - which is super yummy once the avocado and vegan feta are added in.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply