Since I’ve had my gall bladder removed, I’m having to watch my fat a bit more than I used too. Hence, the egg whites vs. eggs with yolks (which are way yummier!). This is a quick break-fast that I put together in 10 mins after a really intensive weight lifting workout (which I’m not a fan of yet I know I need to do it). Feel free to sub 2 whole eggs instead and real cheese if you are of that mindset.
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Egg whites Pete and Gerry's is a great organic brand
- 1 tbsp Shredded vegan cheese Viola life vegan mozzarella is my fave
- 2 slices Applegate farms deli Turkey
- 1/4 cup Fresh spinach Organic if possible
- 1 small Roma tomato
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat small non-stick pan to medium, add oil. Shake the egg white container well and add the egg whites to the pan. Salt/pepper to taste. Let the egg cook/set up till mostly cooked and turn heat down to med low. Add cheese, then the two slices of turkey, covering the egg white completely. Then add spinach to one side of the omelette and carefully flip the other side over to the spinach side. Let cook on low another 5 mins till eggs are not running and spinach is wilted. Slice Roma tomato along side and top with salt/pepper to taste.
Share this Recipe
Leave a Reply